Pages

Our Motto:

The Connecticut Catholic Corner Motto: Romans 14:16 "Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil."

All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner

© 2007-2023 All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner *except EWTN press releases(see sidebar)*

***FYI: Comments***

Due to continued problems with Disqus I have removed them from this blog- in doing so comments from 2018-2020 have disappeared from my blog posts.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

2009 Calendar of Indulgences Review


I've got another Catholic book review for The Catholic Company. I have been enjoying the "Beauty of Grace: 2009 Calendar of Indulgences" for over a week now. There is so much information and beautiful photography included in this calendar that I can't help but think it will make a GREAT Christmas gift for fellow Catholics on my shopping list this year, and it's only $12.95- can't beat that, especially in this economy.
I have to mention one of my favorite photo's in the calendar. There is photo for December 2009 of the inside of Sacred Heart Church in Peoria, Illinois that is breathtaking. Along side that current photo is an inset with a "before" photo of the church prior to its being renovated. Now the church was nice before the renovation, but after...stunning. That is the best word to describe this beautiful church. I'd love to visit it one day. What a stunning church, it truly is breathtaking and I couldn't take my eyes off it. All the artwork and photography in the calendar comes from Murals by Jericho - great job!
Besides the information and photography the calendar is color coded for quick easy viewing. Holy Days of Obligation are blue and Indulgence Days are red. Each month lists the saint days, Holy Days, Indulgence Days along with secular holidays. At the bottom of each month there are fact areas- that give historical facts, quotes by the Church Fathers and saints, prayers and scripture quotes and more. This honestly, is probably the best Catholic calendar I've ever had and one I recommend.
This review was written as part of the Catholic book Reviewer program from The Catholic Company. Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on The Beauty of Grace Calendar of Indulgences 2009 Wall Calendar.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great review! I was looking specifically for a calendar that was beautiful enough to hang on the fridge. And, pratical enough to have all the Saints Days and Holy Days!

    Thanks for blogging it!

    ReplyDelete

This is a Catholic blog, please keep your comments respectful to my Faith even when you disagree.

Profanity will not be tolerated - it will be DELETED, so do not waste your time or mine.

Thank you and God bless...

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...