Pages

Our Motto:

The Connecticut Catholic Corner Motto: Romans 14:16 "Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil."

All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner

© 2007-2023 All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner *except EWTN press releases(see sidebar)*

***FYI: Comments***

Due to continued problems with Disqus I have removed them from this blog- in doing so comments from 2018-2020 have disappeared from my blog posts.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Horrors... (or not)

I've never been a fan of Halloween, even as a child I didn't like it.  I hated the houses playing horror sounds (blood curdling screams, gasps and creepy ghostly sounds).  

I hated the gory costumes and people "TPing" homes (especially of the elderly who had a horrible mess to clean up the next day).  

And it felt odd to go begging strangers for candy that might have razor blades in them.  My grandmother and mother would inspect the candy for hours looking for weapons and possible poisonings in this "fun" kid holiday where eating a "treat" might kill you.  

I just never saw the appeal in Halloween and soon we gave it up because none of us liked it.  Instead we bought our OWN candy treats that WE liked and ate it all ourselves- I've continued this practice with my own children.

I didn't grow up Catholic, so the thought of dressing up as some amazing saint never crossed my mind- I wish it had, I might have had a whole different view of this holiday.

This is Halloween done RIGHT!  Shower of Roses is one of my VERY VERY favorite Catholic family blogs- EVAH.  I have been reading and following this blog for years- pure delight!  Please check them out... a wonderful family with a fantastic blog.

LINK: http://showerofroses.blogspot.com/


Now to some things I found in the news.

These children's faces and comments are priceless as they sample "healthy" Halloween treats!

LOL



What's Halloween without a WITCH? 

 Happy Halloween FATSO!...


 Crazy magician head falling off trick (*mild profanity*)

 


Do NOT purchase or use NOVELTY FAKE CONTACT LENSES- you can damage your eye balls!



Yes, apparently some people need to be told this is NOT good for your eyes.

God bless and be safe this Halloween.

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Catholic blog, please keep your comments respectful to my Faith even when you disagree.

Profanity will not be tolerated - it will be DELETED, so do not waste your time or mine.

Thank you and God bless...

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...