Pages

Our Motto:

The Connecticut Catholic Corner Motto: Romans 14:16 "Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil."

All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner

© 2007-2023 All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner *except EWTN press releases(see sidebar)*

***FYI: Comments***

Due to continued problems with Disqus I have removed them from this blog- in doing so comments from 2018-2020 have disappeared from my blog posts.

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Catholic Professor says Jesus was prejudice and broken until he was cured by a woman



Professor Joseph Jensen, who currently teaches Sacred Scripture at Georgetown University and at Trinity University and is a Roman Catholic Permanent Deacon, ordained for the Archdiocese of Baltimore in 1984, has come to the conclusion (and is teaching) that Jesus was "prejudice and broken" until the Canaanite woman (Matthew 15-21-28) "cures" Him and shows him how to dump his baggage. 
Matthew 15:21-28  - Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA) 21 And Jesus went from thence, and retired into the coasts of Tyre and Sidon.
22 And behold a woman of Canaan who came out of those coasts, crying out, said to him: Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David: my daughter is grieviously troubled by the devil.
23 Who answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying: Send her away, for she crieth after us:
24 And he answering, said: I was not sent but to the sheep that are lost of the house of Israel.
25 But she came and adored him, saying: Lord, help me.
26 Who answering, said: It is not good to take the bread of the children, and to cast it to the dogs.
27 But she said: Yea, Lord; for the whelps also eat of the crumbs that fall from the table of their masters.
28 Then Jesus answering, said to her: O woman, great is thy faith: be it done to thee as thou wilt: and her daughter was cured from that hour.
In a podcast promoted by This Is Catholic on Sound Cloud, Jensen spins his warped theology saying things like "Jesus's mission was to reform Jewish life and practice"(so much for being our Redeemer)...and...to "get Jews to love one another- Jesus had a very narrow view of his mission"

Professor Jensen teaches all sorts of new things, like Saint Joseph was a prejudice Jew who taught Jesus to be prejudice too. 
Jensen weaves a story saying Joseph probably sat down with a young Jesus to give him the birds and bees talk, by telling Jesus he will soon start to notice girls and when his interest shifts to the ladies, Jesus should make sure he doesn't look toward any Gentile females, that he must keep his eyes only on the Jewish girls. 



Head spinning yet? 

It gets worse. 

He goes back to the story of the Canaanite woman (Matthew 15:21-28) saying that the story isn't about the faith of the woman (which the Church has always taught) but rather its about Jesus letting go of his "brokenness" (prejudice) and the moment Jesus stops being prejudice and broken, that is when the Canaanite woman's daughter is suddenly healed. The woman "cures" Jesus by way of "opening his eyes" to his prejudices against Gentiles. By default then, Jensen must think the healing would not have happened if Jesus continued to be "prejudice" toward Gentiles. This man is a menace to all of Christianity!  

Professor Jensen continues saying, "This story is about people helping people overcome their prejudices and even their rigid conservative interpretation of the scriptures." Poor Jesus didn't know how screwed up he was until the Canaanite woman cured him! But it wasn't really Jesus' fault he was such a mess...no, that fault (according to Jensen) falls upon Saint Joseph for filling Jesus' head with prejudice and baggage.

He doesn't stop there. He continues rewriting Sacred Scripture with more of his insane blasphemous theology. 

This one is a real doozy! 

Jensen says the writers of Scared Scripture cleaned up Jesus' potty-mouth, because Jesus didn't actually say "It is not good to take the bread of the children, and to cast it to the dogs", oh no, says Jensen, Jesus actually said "It is not good to take the bread of the children, and cast it to the BITCHES"- because Jesus believed all Gentile women were bitches (all thanks to that dastardly Saint Joseph). 



This man is scandalous and blasphemous. Completely UNFIT to teach anyone, anywhere! 

He continues by saying Jesus had to get rid of his "baggage" so the world would ultimately be a better place. That is the power of the story according to Jensen. 

Jensen uses his personal (Protestant-like) interpretation of this scripture to make his delusional points that Jesus had to change and so does the Church today. He doesn't specifically say what changes he thinks the Church needs, but I am guessing from his other statements its more of the homosexual agenda crap swamping our sick society today. 

This shining example of all that is wrong with Catholics in the Church today, goes on to tell of how he officiates marriages...for homosexuals. He's a real gem, eh? 

Why does Jensen preform civil weddings for gays? Because he "won't withhold God's blessing" from gays because "homosexuals are part of God's good gift to the world"

The Catholic catechism is crystal clear on homosexual relations.




What part of that doesn't this Catholic Professor understand? 

Why is he allowed to teach anti-Catholic theology at Catholic institutions? 

Boggles the mind! 

There is a part 2 to this podcast with Jensen, I may or may not review that one- not sure I can handle any more of this filth at this point. I need to step away for a bit cause this sort of crap drives me nuts. 😒

May God help all those who believe Professor Joseph Jensen's warped theology. 

Stick with the authentic Church teachings my friends, you can't go wrong with that. 😇


In Christ, 

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner 





Sources: 

https://scs.georgetown.edu/programs/4/bachelor-of-arts-in-liberal-studies/faculty-bio/3627/joseph-e-jensen

https://soundcloud.com/thisiscatholic/imageandlikeness

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2015:21-28

Jensen's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/joseph.e.jensen.1

This Is Catholic Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/thisiscatholic/


5 comments:

  1. And on and on and on the scandals go..with impunity. No wonder Georgetown is no longer Catholic. And those who go there stand to have whatever faith they may have left to be under secular and heretical assault. Of all the deacons I have known, more than half have been 'dicey' when it comes to the truths of the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between the dog mask guy, Gay Greydanus and this clown, I think it's time to adios the permanent diaconate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie,
    Thank you for taking the time to listen to our podcast, this is catholic (no capitals), and to share your thoughts and judgements.

    When I emailed you to ask if you would be willing to talk with me about what being Catholic means to you, this is what I said:

    ---------------
    Hi Julie,
    My name is Emily Iannuzzelli. I am a writer and I am currently producing a podcast called *this is catholic* which seeks to
    explore the question of what it means to be catholic (not what is required to be catholic), through a wide spectrum of interviews
    and opinions. I am trying very much to expand my own understanding of what it means for me to be catholic, and came across
    your blog in my research. I think if you listen to the 3 episodes I have published (www.thisiscatholic.com/podcast) you will not
    be surprised when I say that I don’t instinctively share your point of view on many things. However, I am actively trying to
    suspend my own opinions during the course of this project, and broaden my understanding through really listening to others
    share their experiences.

    If you’re amenable, then, I would love to interview you - or we could just start with an unrecorded phone conversation, about
    what it means to you to be catholic. I would like to stay away from criticism of how other people are living out their
    understanding of being catholic, unless it is inseparable from your understanding of what it means to you. Does that make
    sense? Also, I read that you converted, and I would love to know more about your conversion.

    Thank you,
    Emily
    -------------------

    I am surprised, to say the least, that instead of responding to my email, you posted a public and highly charged critique of the
    episodes. Of course, that is totally within your right, and you bring up some interesting points, but I don't understand why you
    insulted Professor Jensen instead of responding to my actual request. You don't know Professor Jensen. I understand that it is
    probably more comfortable for you to write to the audience that follows your blog and presumably shares your opinions than it
    would be to sit down and have a genuine conversation with someone like me who is holding in suspense those things about
    which you are so certain. But I'd still like to hear your story if you're willing to talk to me instead of about me.

    Thank you,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings Emily.

    As I said in my email to you, I wanted the space to respond to the things Jensen said in 30+ minute podcast and to share my thoughts on my blog. I also told you, you probably would not like what I had to say.

    I don't have to know Jensen to respond to what he said. I gave the link to your podcast and quoted Jensen's own words then gave my thoughts to what he had to say.

    If you looked around my blog at all, you would see that I do this quite often (see my statement right sidebar). And I don't care what sort of audience reads my thoughts, whether they agree with me or disagree with me. It goes back to the motto of this blog (see top header).

    I prefer using my blog because I can include documents and quotes to back up my opinions and views, and again, there is no limited space issues. I would be VERY happy to answer you or Jensen in email at any time. I would particularly like to hear Professor Jensen's take on my response to his podcast with you. You know how to reach me.

    God bless

    In Christ,

    Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Connecticut Catholic,

    Thank you for providing the Gospel of Matthew at the outset of your blog. Please reread chapter 15 verse 24. In it you will find that Jesus actually does come to the lost sheep of Israel - hate to burst your bubble, but that would be his fellow Jews. Professor Jensen is absolutely correct in his assertion that he came to not only reform Jewish practice but more fully as the fulfillment of the Jewish faith.

    To be honest, I could only read so much of your rebuttal as the Gifs you posted were not only rude but more importantly distracting.

    Might I recommend that you follow your own rules of being polite and not using profanity. Although “crap” is relatively mild in terms of today’s etiquette standards, it is a for letter word, and we as Catholics should surely choose the better way, the narrow path.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

This is a Catholic blog, please keep your comments respectful to my Faith even when you disagree.

Profanity will not be tolerated - it will be DELETED, so do not waste your time or mine.

Thank you and God bless...

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...